In episode 551 of Startups For the Rest of Us, Rob does another solo adventure to talk about hiring owner-level thinkers, the fallacy of an autopilot passive income software business, and more.
The topics we cover
[1:25] Hiring task-level thinkers, project-level thinkers, and owner-level thinkers
[07:43] The fallacy of an autopilot passive income software business
[15:21] Our bootstrap community
[20:45] Questions you should ask yourself when building/growing a company
Links from the show
- FE International: Professional M&A Advisor
- Quiet Light Brokerage
- MicroAcquire – Startup acquisition marketplace. Free. Private. No middlemen.
- Empire Flippers – Website Brokers
- Billion Dollar Loser: The Epic Rise and Spectacular Fall of Adam Neumann and WeWork
- Invent and Wander: The Collected Writings of Jeff Bezos, With an Introduction by Walter Isaacson
If you have questions about starting or scaling a software business that you’d like for us to cover, please submit your question for an upcoming episode. We’d love to hear from you!
This episode is sponsored by Rewardful, turning your biggest fans into your best marketers.
Get 30% off your first 3 months by heading to getRewardful.com/startups. Offer expires May 31st.