In this episode, Rob sits down with John Warrillow, author of multiple bestselling books and someone who has years of experience in building and selling companies. They discuss when to sell, how to create leverage, the importance of hiring an expert, and more.
The topics we cover
[7:30] The right time to sell a company
[15:06] Gaining leverage when negotiating
[20:59] Sell-side processes for founders
[29:14] The 5/20 rule
[31:41] Things to look out for from potential acquirers
Links from the show
- The Art of Selling Your Business
- Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You
- Built to Sell Radio
- The Automatic Customer: Creating a Subscription Business in Any Industry
- Finish Big: How Great Entrepreneurs Exit Their Companies on Top
- Before The Exit: Thought Experiments For Entrepreneurs
If you enjoyed this episode, let us know by clicking the link and sharing what you learned.
If you have questions about starting or scaling a software business that you’d like for us to cover, please submit your question for an upcoming episode. We’d love to hear from you!