On today’s episode, Rob chats with Damian Thompson, co-founder of LeadFuze. He’s also the founder of VPSales. They talk about if and when to hire a sales team, the kinds of cold email outreach campaigns that are working well today, the sales stack, and much more.
The topics we cover
- 5:43 Should a bootstrapper hire a Sales Development Rep (SDR)?
- 9:16 Assuming you understand your market, what kind of cold emails work today?
- 12:56 The formula to use for B2B cold email
- 14:37 Risks of bootstrappers hiring sales reps too quickly
- 17:19 Rule of thumb for hiring sales reps in 2020
- 21:29 Defining SDR (Sales Development Rep) and BDR (Business Development Rep)
- 24:47 What’s the bare minimum for a sales stack
- 36:42 The real challenge with outbound sales
Links from the show
How can I support the podcast?
If you enjoyed this episode, let us know by clicking the link and sharing what you learned.
If you have questions about starting or scaling a software business that you’d like for us to cover, please submit your question for an upcoming episode. We’d love to hear from you!