On today’s episode of Startups For The Rest Of Us, Rob catches up with guest Derrick Reimer as they discuss shutting down a slack competitor while building and preparing to launch a new calendar SaaS. They discuss topics like user research, defining and validating an idea, choosing a big market, viral loops, and more.
The topics we cover with Derrick Reimer
- 2:49 Shutting down a Slack competitor
- 6:32 Building StaticKit to get something in the market
- 13:16 Developing the next idea
- 17:03 Validating the Mighty Cal idea
- 19:07 Potential dangers of going into a big competitive space
- 23:38 Choosing the specific customer/s to target for Mighty Cal
- 25:45 Built-in Viral loops
Links from the show
- @derrickreimer | Twitter
- The Value vs. Stress of Twitter, Pros and Cons of Remote Work, and Digital Minimalism – A Discussion Show with Derrick Reimer | Episode 482
- How Derrick Reimer is Validating His Ambitious Third SaaS Application | Episode 399
- The Art of Product with Guests Derrick Reimer and Ben Orenstein | Episode 354
- What It’s Like Selling a $128k Side Project (With Guest Derrick Reimer) | Episode 311
- How to Mentally & Technically Prepare For Your Launch (With Guest Derrick Reimer) | Episode 274
- Mighty Cal
- The Mom Test | Book
How can I support the podcast?
If you enjoyed this episode, let us know by clicking the link and sharing what you learned.
If you have questions about starting or scaling a software business that you’d like for us to cover, please submit your question for an upcoming episode. We’d love to hear from you!