This week Rob answers some great listener questions. We discuss the best way to validate a product idea, how to expand a product with traction internationally, advice on launching a restaurant product during COVID-19, and whether to start an affiliate program.
If you have questions about starting or scaling a software business that you’d like us to cover, please submit your question for the next episode. We’d love to hear from you!
The listener questions we cover
- 1:39 [Arturo Ceballos] What’s the best way to validate an idea and pre-launch without an audience?
- 13:33 [Ger Apeldoorn] When a product has product-market fit and existing customers, how would you grow internationally?
- 20:31 [Davis] Do you have any experience running an affiliate program. I’m worried about people that sign up for affiliate would be people that would signup anyways?
- 26:40 [Jacob Warren] Should I launch a startup in the service/hospitality industry during COVID-19?
- 28:21 [Casey Collins] Following the Stairstep approach, what’s the best marketplace to use?
Links from the show
- Vetting a startup (or two): The systematic birth of @WPEngine | Jason Cohen
- Idea Validation & Risk Avoidance | Episode 324
- The Stairstep Approach to Bootstrapping | Rob Walling
- Clay Collins on Leadpages and how they used affiliate marketing | Podcast
How can I support the podcast?
If you enjoyed this episode, let us know by clicking the link and sharing what you learned.
If you have questions about starting or scaling a software business that you’d like for us to cover, please submit your question for the next episode. We’d love to hear from you!