In his second appearance on the show (he first appeared on Episode 367), we chat with Benedikt Deicke from Userlist. Along with his co-founder, Jane Portman, they are building an easy to use customer messaging tool catered specifically towards SaaS companies.
In this show, we talk about some of the challenges in building a product while working full-time, finding the ideal SaaS pricing model, their underwhelming Product Hunt launch, as well as their recent purchase of the Userlist.com domain name.
Jane & Benedikt are also part of Tinyseed batch #2, and we explore Benedikt’s experience so far in the program, and the lessons he’s learned.
What we discuss with Benedikt Deicke
- 1:37 The story & motivation behind helpfounders.com
- 4:30 Userlist and slow growth in the early days
- 5:30 Challenges with building a SaaS while not full-time
- 7:50 What has helped with recent Userlist growth
- 9:00 Navigating SaaS pricing
- 12:30 An underwhelming Product Hunt launch
- 15:30 Acquiring the userlist.com domain name
- 17:30 The most challenging moments thus far in building Userlist
- 20:48 Why did Jane & Benedikt apply to Tinyseed
Links from the show:
- Benedikt Deicke | Twitter
- Jane Portman | Twitter
- Slow & Steady | Podcast
- Fighting to Gain Traction in a Crowded Space with Jane Portman of Userlist | Episode 471
- Userlist on Product Hunt
How can I support the podcast?
If you enjoyed this episode with Benedikt Deicke, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out on Twitter: